Alcohol Action Framework
Alcohol is one of the most widely accepted and used psychoactive, or mood-changing, recreational drugs in Australia. It is embedded in Australian culture, social activity and the economy. However, the use of alcohol comes at an enormous cost to society.
The Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework 2010-2015 provides a policy framework to guide activities and partnerships between Government Agencies, local councils, community sector organisations, and the liquor and hospitality industries to deal with alcohol issues and reduce the social harms associated with alcohol in Tasmania.
The Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework is one of three initiatives under the Tasmanian Drug Strategy 2005-2009.
The Framework focuses on:
- cultural change
- an effective system for controlling the supply of alcohol
- the provision of effective interventions to address the priorities of health and wellbeing of the population
- community safety and amenity; intoxication; and the high risk groups and high risk behaviours
This whole of community Framework, developed by the Inter Agency Working Group on Drugs (IAWGD) takes into account the National Alcohol Strategy, the National Drug Strategy, the Tasmanian Drug Strategy, and the work of the National Preventative Health Taskforce.
The IAWGD oversees the implementation of the Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework through the development of Annual Implementation Plans.
Annual Implementation Plans highlight the activities of Government Agencies and other interested stakeholders in addressing alcohol-related harms in Tasmania. They provide a comprehensive view of the new and existing activities and initiatives that interested organisations are committed to undertaking.
The IAWGD reports to Government on the progress of the Framework on an annual basis through the Minister for Health.
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework - Annual Implementation Plan 2014 and 2013 Highlights
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework Legislative Scoping Study Recommendation Implementation Report - October 2013
- Alcohol Legislative Scoping Study Report by Stenning and Associates
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework: Report Against Annual Implementation Plan 2012
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework: Annual Implementation Plan 2013
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework Annual Implementation Plan 2012
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework Report Against 2011
- 'Alcohol Legislative Scoping Study Specification'
- 'Rising Above the Influence' - Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework 2010-2015
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework Background Paper
- Tasmanian Alcohol Action Framework Annual Implementation Plan 2011